Boot from CD on Jensen not working

I've got a couple of jensen boxes laying around here that are not
in production anymore, so I thought, "hey, let's see Debian run
on 'em".

Well, following the instructions on the CD, I can't get the system
to boot from the CD:

>>> sh dev

  BOOTDEV      ADDR      DEVTYPE    RM/FX    DEVNAM      REV     NUMBYTES
  -------      ----      -------    -----    ------      ---     --------
  EZ0A         08-00-2B-BB-C0-0C
  EZ0B         08-00-2B-BB-CD-33
  FD0          PC Floppy DISK       RM
  SCSI Devices..
  DKA0         A/0/0     DISK       FX       ST15150     0022      4.29GB
  DKA400       A/4/0     RODISK     RM       RRD42       4.3d    ......
  HOST         A/7/0     PROC                AHA1742A    G.2
  HOST         B/7/0     PROC                AHA1740A    G.2

>>> b dka400 -flags i
INIT-S-CPU...
AUDIT_BOOT_STARTS ...
AUDIT_CHECKSUM_GOOD
AUDIT_LOAD_BEGINS
AUDIT_LOAD_DONE

aboot: Linux/Alpha SRM bootloader version 0.5

?02 KSP INVAL
  PC= 00000000.00000000 PSL= 00000000.00001F00

I am using a serial console versus a vga one.

Any ideas?

--
Rob Naccarato                   "Civilized men are more discourteous than
Senior Network Systems Analyst   savages because they know they can be

Public PGP key: http://www.sheridanc.on.ca/~rob/pgpkey.txt