alpha porting and errors

Hello,

I am interested in beginning to port software to the alpha platform.  I have moderate C skills, but have no idea what to look for when porting a program.  Can you direct me to a resource that would be sort of an alpha porting howto?  that would be most helpful.

Also, I am having some problems with running software that has been compiled withe -mieee flag, whenever I run mpg123, some other software (notably the seti@home client) crashes with Floating point exceptions.  Is this a consequence of using this flag, or does this indicate a problem with the applications that I am running.

Thanks in advance,
Luke Shulenburger
(sluke@mit.edu)