Re: Our compiler

Sanzo Miyazawa writes:

 > os:	slink 2.1
 > pc:	ruffian (UX board)
 >
 > Compilations of kernel-source (2.2.7-ac2) frequently failed
 > in the wide range of sources becasue of "internal error".
 >
 > But "internal error" does not mean the presence of
 > bugs in those sources but in egcc, because those sources could be compiled
 > without any trouble.

The other cause of such errrors are hardware problems, which seems to
be quite probable in your case given the presence of "machine checks".

 > May  6 12:01:57 sma660 kernel:  +110 6 11fff9fc0

I think the DCPERR registers equal to 6 means there was a parity error
in the data cache. That could explains the internal errors, did you
try any overcloking? If not you may try either to underclock a bit, or
maybe switch to SRM which could have different hardware settings.

Regards,

Loic