Re: Building packages with fakeroot

At 03:11 -0600 1999-04-21, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
If you can tell me where to find it, I can test it out on two different
glibc-2.1 Alphas, one of which has been giving me chown/lchown problems
for an unknown reason.

~jgg/work/fakeroot-0.0 on faure

There are two controls at the top of libfakeroot.c, LCHOWN_SUPPORT and
STAT64_SUPPORT.

I know lchown works OK, but due to the sparc with 2.1 being nasty I could
not test the stat64 support. If you compile ls on a 2.1 machine it seems
to enable the large file support and generates stat64 calls that the old
fakeroot did not trap.

The fakeroot I uploaded a few days ago wraps lchown too, I did not notice the stat64 part though.
--
Joel Klecker (aka Espy)                    Debian GNU/Linux Developer
<URL:mailto:jk@espy.org>                 <URL:mailto:espy@debian.org>