Re: Dhcpcd gets no IP ...

Christopher C Chimelis <chris@classnet.med.miami.edu> writes:
>On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Steph wrote:
>> When I manually launch the dhcpcd, and run ifconfig while dhcpcd
>> try to get an IP, eth0 is found with IP = [NONE SET], as well as
>> BROADCAST ....

What shows up in your syslog?

> I'll look at the source for dhcpcd today and see if there's anything
> oddball.  Has anyone had good experience with dhcpcd?  I don't use
> it, so I can't test it well....

*Good* experience?  No.  However, I'm the one who put together the NMU
of 1.3.8 (and got yelled at for it---apparently it's not 2.0.X
compatible :-).  I've got it running on one Intel box here using
2.1.122, so it does work under some conditions.

The syslog output is usually the way to find out what's failing.

Mike.