root + rescue disks

Hi.  I am setting up an alpha with a 21164 processor.  The vendor
(Microway) installs RedHat Linux on this machine, but I mean to install
Debian.

I've set up AlphaBios with an alternate boot from the floppy drive.  I
assume that I now need a boot and rescue disk, but it's not clear to me
by cat-ing /proc/cpuinfo (see below) which this should be (LX164 or
EB64).  Do I also need a new MILO (the one with the machine was compiled
against 2.0.30, but boots 2.0.34)?

I have attached the output of cat /proc/cpuinfo.  Thanks for any advice.

Danny Heap
dannyhp@pop.web.net
[danny@arrhenius danny]$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : EV56
cpu variation           : 0
cpu revision            : 0
cpu serial number       : Linux_is_Great!
system type             : EB164
system variation        : LX164
system revision         : 0
system serial number    : MILO-0000
cycle frequency [Hz]    : 0
timer frequency [Hz]    : 1024.00
page size [bytes]       : 8192
phys. address bits      : 40
max. addr. space #      : 127
BogoMIPS                : 530.57
kernel unaligned acc    : 2 (pc=fffffc00003ad44c,va=fffffc000004a1be)
user unaligned acc      : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
platform string         : N/A
[danny@arrhenius danny]$