Re: Debina Alpha progress.

On Fri 06 Sep 2019, Peter Petrakis wrote:
              ^^^^
              Hmmm, kernel without enhanced realtime clock support
              detected :-)

> On Wed, 23 Sep 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
> >On Wed 23 Sep 1998, Wojtek Puchar wrote:
>
> Thanks for the info. I plan to move to debian omce it's released. Is it
> possible to get the current development version on cd now?

Only if you can work something out with someone with a mirror and a
cdwriter... As I said earlier, I can probably do something for people in
my country (and maybe Belgium / Germany), but otherwise it gets
difficult (I don't have unlimited funds for this :-)

>  >Are you satisfied with the Metro X server? What card do you use?
>
> I love it. I have a Fire GL 1000 pro permedia 2 based card and it works
> flawlessly. I'm currently running my 15 " monitor at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hertz with
> 16M and it looks great. I can't wait till they come out with Oxygen drivers for

I'm guessing here the monitor is the limiting factor? I run 1280 x 1024
x 16bits @ 85Hz on my Matrox Millenium II, and that's very nice as well :-)

> the DP cards =). They also have plans to support MS intellimouse and the little
> scroll wheel. Check it out at www.metrolink.com . Thanks again.

The current XFree servers already support the intellimouse etc., right?

Anyway, I was mostly interested in how stable their server is with the
Matrox, which seems to be causing the most problems with Xfree.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands