Re: (qcam) dependency problems

On Tue 22 Sep 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, M . Dietrich wrote:
>
> > i have some dependency problems. these problems do not occure in an
> > intel environment.
> > 	qcam doesn't depend on svgalibgq|svgalibdummyg1 anymore, it
> > 	     depends on svgalibg1 only
>
> Qcam's now Paul's package, so he should be able to resolve this easily.
> In fact, he *just*  uploaded a new qcam today.  Hopefully, it is resolved
> :-)

It should be; from the current Packages file:

  Package: qcam
  Version: 0.91-9
  Section: graphics
  Maintainer: Paul Slootman <paul@debian.org>
  Depends: libc6.1, libjpeg6b, svgalibg1 | svgalib-dummyg1, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5)
  Architecture: alpha

> FYI Paul: the svgalibdummy dependency probably should be kept as a last
> resort since svgalib isn't really supported on alot of the Alphas (like my

I didn't mean to remove the dummy dependency, but that happened when I
tried to remove the hardcoded libc6 dependency by using the
shlibs:Depends stuff. I've now resorted to trickery :-)

> UDB with TGA only).  This will run under X, right?

Yes. However, I haven't had success yet on my XLT yet; it didn't detect
the QuickCam. I've dug around in the libs, and discovered that IO ports
are memory-mapped on Alpha's (you learn something new every day :-).
I've not yet determined whether the problem is timing-related; I'll try
it on my UDB when I get that chance.  In the meantime, if anyone else
with a QuickCam can give version -9 a try?

> Yeah, apt is a bugger for dependency problems as I found out recently (I
> usually update by hand).  I'll see what I can do with pvm when I get a
> chance.  It's looking like we're gonna get smacked by this hurricane in
> the Carribean, so I may be unavailable for a few days.

Just find a watertight basement with internet connectivity and hack away
for those couple of days :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org