Re: dependency problems

On Tue, 22 Sep 1998, M . Dietrich wrote:

> i have some dependency problems. these problems do not occure in an
> intel environment.
> 	qcam doesn't depend on svgalibgq|svgalibdummyg1 anymore, it
> 	     depends on svgalibg1 only

Qcam's now Paul's package, so he should be able to resolve this easily.
In fact, he *just*  uploaded a new qcam today.  Hopefully, it is resolved
:-)

FYI Paul: the svgalibdummy dependency probably should be kept as a last
resort since svgalib isn't really supported on alot of the Alphas (like my
UDB with TGA only).  This will run under X, right?

> 	pvm and pvm-dev contains pvm.1.gz in /usr/man/man1
> i used the famous apt-get (which ist really great) and ran in those
> problems. only old dselect's config could order the problems :)

Yeah, apt is a bugger for dependency problems as I found out recently (I
usually update by hand).  I'll see what I can do with pvm when I get a
chance.  It's looking like we're gonna get smacked by this hurricane in
the Carribean, so I may be unavailable for a few days.