Re: SX164 installation procedure failed

=>
=> On Sun, 20 Sep 1998, Ettore Aldrovandi wrote:
=>
=> > for three or four days, now. No problems so far and the machine
=> > is back to 1998, no more 2018!
=> >
=> 	You are aware that the problem with SX systems and keeping
=> accurate time is a possible motherboard problem? I have two identical SX

Yes, I am. I was actually referring to a previous message of mine
to the the list. Apparently the 2.0.30 RH4.2 kernel does not have
proper rtc support, so if you use that one on Loic's disk, or you
install from a previous RH partition --and boot with that
kernel-- like I did, you will find yourself in 2018.

This is different, I think, from the 2x clock speed problem.

=> 	Respectfully,
=> 	Jeremy T. Bouse
=> 	Sr. System Administrator

--
Ettore Aldrovandi -- SISSA/International School for Advanced Studies
Via Beirut 2/4, I-34013 Trieste, Italy