Re: libc6

On Tue, 15 Sep 1998, Thomas Behrndt wrote:

> There shouldn't be a problem. The only packages that ldso depends on are
> libc6 and ldconfig. ldconfig is a required package which should also
> be in the base disks. Some packages depend on ldconfig, but none on
> ldso. The only way I can see to fix this is to remove the ldso package
> and fix any dependencies that arise. We need this done before we can
> release the alpha version.

Agreed.  Last time I checked, ldso is not required by ANYTHING.  I'll redo
my audit of master probably today (time allowing) to double-check.  I've
wiped the package off of my system ages ago and all is well (I've since
done a reinstallation without it and everything is fine).  As for the base
disks, I don't know the situation, but it was my understanding that ldso
was left off of the Alpha base disks' latest iterations.

> I willing to raise the bug report (I've never done this before, but
> I have to learn somtime). When raising it, I presume I should also
> specify removing the ldso package from the base disks. Is this correct?

If the package is still on the base disk set, it needs to be ousted.