Re: Unaligned accesses (was Re: debian on ruffian)

On Mon 14 Sep 1998, Andrew Isaacson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 14, 1998 at 10:35:44AM -0400, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> > On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Andrew Isaacson wrote:
> >
> > > The X server unaligned accesses are apparently fixable, and there
> > > might be a fix in the next X release.  I'll see about getting a patch
> > > if anyone is interested.
> >
> > Yes :)
>
> There is a patch floating around that's supposed to fix some unaligned
> accesses in XFree86, but it doesn't seem to get 'em all (at least not
> on my Millennium II).  I'll be looking into this in more depth RSN.

I also saw X unaligned accesses when using xv. But what's worrying
me is the inability to run the gimp on my Millenium II (it fails in
libgtk with something about "cannot access private resource", at the
point where it was going to display the logo).  It's definitely the X
server, as displaying over the network on my i386 works just fine.
Anyone any ideas?  Is it Millenium-specific?

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands