Re: want my udb?

On Mon, Jul 27, 1998 at 04:07:55PM -0600, Bdale Garbee wrote:
> We are about to start work on an addition to our house, and for several months
> the bulk of my computer and ham radio equipment will have to be boxed up and
> stored out of harm's way.  I expect to keep my core systems alive, but things
> like my Alpha UDB are clearly not high enough on the list... particularly
> since the debian-alpha port is now clearly "over the hump" and I don't have
> time to add much value to the effort any more.
>
> If anyone is interested in buying my Alpha UDB, the 166Mhz version, with 64meg
> RAM, and an unpackaged 500meg'ish SCSI disk with debian-alpha already
> installed and running (hamm/slink hybrid updated regularly with apt), please
> drop me some email.  Actually, I've got quite a few surplus SCSI disks in
> 5.25" form-factor in the 660-1300 meg range and a couple of chassis that I
> might be willing to package up along with the Alpha... ask if any of that is
> interesting.
>
> It seems to me that someone putting this somewhere and keeping it warm
> compiling packages for the next few months would be better than it collecting
> dust in my shed... so I'm willing to be quite reasonable about the price.
>
> Bdale
>

> --

stop selling please ;) could you send this to neogeo? this company has
a wonderful rendering tool (blender) but can't build an alpha-version
(they do not give away the source). they say, that they will do so, if
they get an alpha for free. so an alpha 133 is about 100$ in europe, i
don't know how much you like to have for that machine, but perhaps we
can look for some people interested in blender to get that much money
for you. what do you think?

best regards,
	michael
--