Re: How do I copy linload.exe and a milo image...

Ha, ha ha ha ha! (in my best mad scientist laughter)

After an hour-and-a-half of: playing around with fdisk and rebooting a
couple times, successfully mounting sda1 as a msdos partition, copying
linload.exe & milo from the rescue floppy to sda1, searching the web for
instructions on using ARC to load linux, a couple false starts with my
old Linux-booting-from-SRM information, and more power-cycling/booting.
I was successful!

My UDB will now boot from the sda1 partition.

But I would have been totally frustrated much earlier without the help
of John Chapman.  Who gave me some valuable pointers as to what
executables I might want to run; fdisk, mtools.  Or as a last resort
completely wiping out my current installation and as part of the
reinstall process resize my sda1 partition.  :-P

Luckily I didn't have to resort to option B.

'Nuff said.

Tony -

--
Evil Twin -                                                       one_spike
        the Man, the Myth, the Legend in His Own Mind -         //~____/  ~\\