xlt kernel related questions

I have been trying to learn to cross compile for my alpha from my Pentium
system.  So far all I have done is replace i386 with alpha and selected
the xlt from the general setup menu under make menuconfig.  make dep ;
make clean ; make zImage reports no rule to make target zImage, so
apparently there are other differences from building an intel kernel.  Is
it possible they are simple enough that you could informl me briefly of
them or tell me where to look?  The Alpha-HOWTO didn't have any
information of compilation that I say.  Thanks.

__
GNU GPL: "The Source will be with you... always."

Britton Kerin