Tulip on MIATA

>> Also, I compiled my own 2.0.34 kernel, and I used the latest tulip.c from
>> Donald Becker.  (Things didn't work with the tulip.c that came with it.)
>> I am getting this message every single minute without fail:
>>
>> Jul 13 13:12:54 lobo kernel: eth0: 21142 100baseTx link beat good.
>>
>> Everything seems to be working fine, but its extremly annoying to have
>> thousands of these entries in my log files. :)
>
> Haven't seen those (though it's a 21140 here). No problem using either
> tulip or de4x5 with my card. If everything is working you can always
> comment out the line in the driver that generates the output ;)

There *have* been problems, lots, with the tulip and de4x5 driver on Alpha:
frequently the automatic interface recognition does not work.  We never
figured out how (for me the "solution" found together with Loic was to
patch tulip to not be smart and then find an input port on the hub I'm
connected to where it worked ...).

See ftp://ftp.ens-lyon.fr/pub/users/LIP/krisrose/Debian/Alpha/Miata/

Cheers,
	Kristoffer

--
Kristoffer Høgsbro Rose, Ph.D., prof.associé  <Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR>
Laboratoire de l'Informatique du Parallélisme  équipe PLUME, bureau LR5-026