Re: Things that make you go hmmm...

>I'm having a strange problem wiht my alpha.  Its a miata (PW 500a), and
>after I boot up, on tty1 the system seems to be hitting enter on its own.

Do you have anything connected to ttyS0 (i.e. serial port 1)? If so, that
and a kernel compiled with serial console support could result in something
like that.

>Also, I compiled my own 2.0.34 kernel, and I used the latest tulip.c from
>Donald Becker.  (Things didn't work with the tulip.c that came with it.)
>I am getting this message every single minute without fail:
>
>Jul 13 13:12:54 lobo kernel: eth0: 21142 100baseTx link beat good.
>
>Everything seems to be working fine, but its extremly annoying to have
>thousands of these entries in my log files. :)

Haven't seen those (though it's a 21140 here). No problem using either
tulip or de4x5 with my card. If everything is working you can always comment
out the line in the driver that generates the output ;)

Regards,
/Anders

Anders Hammarquist   |       Mud at Kingdoms        | iko@netg.se
NetGuide Scandinavia |   telnet kingdoms.se 1812    | Fax: +46 31 50 79 39
http://www.netg.se   |                              | Tel: +46 31 50 79 40