but haven't quite splurged on some new stuff yet.  (will do one day there's
only so much you can do with 32MB and RISC)
i will be updating all installed packages over the next couple of days as i
download the .deb 's .  how many of the packages sited at ftp.debian.org
are stable though?
or is it just kernels that are still playing up?
when i have enough packages installed (like make, gcc, etc) i will try a
kernel compile and try and work out how flaky my memory is.

cya,
Jp, would *really* like a stable alpha RSN
--
Jean-Paul Blaquiere
Technical Support Personage , Q-Net Australia    (08) 9386 1178