Re: Hamm PCMCIA

>> Yes, you have to build the modules yourself for the kernel rev that
you're
>> running.  Look in /usr/src/modules/pcmcia-cs and do a debian/rules
>> build-modules.  That should build the modules.  From there, you can
>> package them yourself

I will definitely do this once I have Debian installed and I recompile the
kernel.  Right now I just have the base floppies from ftp.debian.org
(haven't downloaded a compiler yet).

>> or wait until I get a good working copy going and
>> I'll upload a binary package for the modules myself.

I was hoping that someone would do this and create modules that could be
used with the kernel included with the base hamm disks.  Even better would
be to include pcmcia support on the base disks for those of us with pcmcia
modems.  Then we could continue the install straight from the base by ftp.
I'm very much a newbie to Debian however, so I'm not sure if this is the
sort of thing that belongs on the base disks.
Thanks for your help,
Brett