Re: g77 -mieee no longer the same

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, James D. Freels wrote:

> machine specifics: Microway 500Mhz Alpha, 256 Mb ram
>                    Debian/Alpha hamm at current level of upgrade
>                    g77 2.90.29-0.6
>                    2.1.107 kernel

Out of curiosity, did you enable the FP math code when building your
kernel?  Also, have you tried stepping your kernel down to a pre-10x
kernel?  I suspect the new FP code to be the culprit.

The output that you desire is exactly what I get on my UDB.  Granted, it's
an older processor, but that shouldn't do the trick here.  I really really
suspect the kernel to be the problem.  I think there's a way to turn off
that code through /proc, but I'm not sure.