Re: Apmd?

On Wed 01 Jul 1998, Christopher C Chimelis wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Jul 1998, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> > admin:apmd                   2.4-12       2.4-6            extra
>
> Do we need this package?  Are there any Alphas out there with any kind of
> power management?  I'm just curious...

I was wondering this as well, after my attempt to build 2.4-12 failed in
some strange io stuff (which made me wonder how the 2.4-6 version got
built).  It's too bad that old versions of the sources are removed as
soon as a newer version is uploaded for any architecture.  I think that
if there is still an old binary package available for any architecture,
the source package corresponding to that version should still be
available... As it is now, we have binary packages that aren't
reproducible :-(

Anyway, to get back on topic: my XLT and my UDB don't show any sign of
APM support. Maybe this should be asked on comp.os.linux.alpha? I'd do
it, but I'm leaving on vacation in one or two days... I'll be back on
the 20th.

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl