Re: base disks copied to master

On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 Kristoffer.Rose@ENS-Lyon.FR wrote:

> Please put the config files up for ftp!  This makes it much easier for a
> volunteer effort to actually make something consistent...  If you haven't
> got the ftp space then I do, so then mail me a .tar.gz or something.

They should still be up on master in one of the older dirs.  I need to
modify all of them to account for new options available in our kernels.

> I have assembled, below, the instructions for making a rescue disk, as
> discussed before on the list: notice that the rescue disk now also includes
> milo.

Great.  That'll help ALOT.  I'll get to working on the kernels tonight and
we'll go from there on making fresh disks.

> It can easily be automated, and once workable config files exist for 2.0.34
> then the complete operation is ~5mins per kernel on a machine such as mine,
> provided the right milo is available, of course.  That is just a question
> of getting the newest milo for each architecture from gatekeeper and then
> releasing with a note that the machines we have not actually tried to boot
> are still in alpha installation-wise ...

I'd love to make a Ruffian image soon :)  Then again, I wish I *HAD* a
Ruffian to play with :P  Anyway, I'll look over everything and try to
generate those.  I have some extra time this week due to RL not being too
interfering....