Re: Someone's producing hosed binaries...

On Fri 17 Apr 1998, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> On 17 Apr 1998, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:
>
> > I just found my second binary that was complaining about not finding
> > ncurses3.0.
> >
> > If you have ncurses3.0 on your system, please get rid of it.
>
> The other thing is that ncurses3.0 was marked essential ...

Only the library, not the -dev package.

A quick check of dependencies in the Packages file shows that these
packages depend on ncurses3.0:

mail/af_1.99.18-beta-1
net/cftp_0.9-7
net/epic_3.004-8
net/mtr_0.14-3
net/sirc_2.210-2
net/ytalk_3.0.3-2       (*)
sound/cam_1.02-7
sound/timidity_0.2i-4
utils/taper_6.7.4-5     (*)
utils/units_1.53-3      (*)

(*) these have been around since October, the others are from April 6th,
    as far as I can see.

I've left out two library packages from oldlibs, for obvious reasons.

So, perhaps the persons responsible could do another upload, _after_
removing ncurses3.0-dev ?  Don't forget to put .1 after the version
number, else the old version won't be replaced...

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software, Enschede, the Netherlands