The End of My Problems (I Hope ;)

well i just wanted to keep you all posted on my problems...
as you all recall i was getting spontaneous lockups and
soft reboots on my axppci33 when i ran badblocks or X
and there were curious scsi errors and access to
non-existant devices and such... in other words, lotsa bad
stuff...

welp so far so good, i have replaces my S3 ViRGE 4 meg
edo card with a borrowed matrox millenium 220, 4 meg wram
and all is well... not one lockup, nothing... X works, and
badblocks works now :)

so i suppose it was a the video card... kinda disappointing
since the card does work in other pc's just not my alpha...
oh well, at least its running now...

i want to thank you all for your interest in my troubles
and help in solving this nasty problem

thanks again
nick