Re: Debian on Miata (PWS433a)

On Wed, 29 Oct 1997, Tommi Virtanen wrote:

> 	Yep, I've had Red Hat on it for a while, but it
> 	just isn't nice. It crashes, gets a lot of non-aligned
> 	traps, it's kernel modules don't seem to work (or actually,
> 	the mechanism works but the modules don't).

Well, on the good side for us, after tons of wrestling, I managed to get
modules working in our distribution.  Granted that was on my UDB (in other
words, YMMV), but I'm pretty sure they should work unilaterally at this
point.

> 	Thank you. And, BTW, these suckers come with AlphaBIOS like
> 	it or not (that's "not" for me).

Hehehe..yeah, I can understand that.  From what I know of AlphaBIOS, it's
an evil incarnation and less than fun to deal with.

> 	..this is what I would like to find out, too..

Well, I guess we're sorting this out right now :)  Our last "lord of
install disks" here left the project for personal reasons unfortunately
and not much work has been done on them since.  Keep an eyeball on this
list and I'm sure we'll get this worked out really soon :)

Chris