A deep learning rig with 8 GPUs

Ha, this just popped up on HN again. I saw this last year but forgot to
bookmark it, and have been looking for it since:

https://nonint.com/2022/05/30/my-deep-learning-rig/

The impressive feat here is driving 8 consumer-grade GPUs (each with
350W draw) off of a single mainboard, and with two independent power
supplies. This requires all sorts of trickery. Just figuring out the
cooling alone is a major feat. This is amazing stuff.

Two of those rigs could probably cover all the AMD GPUs we want to
test.. though most hosts will require something rackable, I fear.

I have a related, though much simpler setup: an Asus Pro WS-X570 ACE
mainboard with 3x PCIe 4.0x8 slots, and PCIe 4.0 riser cables. It's also
mounted in a mining rig (no way you can bunch 3090s), but cooling three
cards is much simpler than 8, and can be driven using a single PSU.