Re: RFS: rocblas/5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2 -- ROCm library for basic linear algebra

On 7/12/23 15:27, Cordell Bloor wrote:
I'm having second-thoughts about this RFS.

Upon further review, while there are test failures on the new version, they are mostly quite similar to the existing failures on 5.3.3+dfsg-2 package, especially once I switched to using Netlib as the reference library. The ROTG failures when alpha is NaN also were appearing again because I dropped d/p/0013-disable-rotg-nan-check.patch a bit too early. There were a couple new errors besides those, but they were not serious. The only new failures with Netlib were a handful of slightly exceeded tolerances in half-float high-precision accumulate GEMMs.I've marked those tests to be skipped.

With those changes, there are no more serious errors for gfx1030 in the 5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2 package. Switching the reference library from OpenBLAS to Netlib BLAS does increase the test times dramatically, but the library now only needs the generic BLAS ABI, so update-alternatives should work if you wish to try running the tests with another implementation.

I'm still running the test suite again after my last round of tweaks, but my concerns with this update have now been addressed. There are still some unfixed failures on other architectures, but that's no different from the current version on unstable. As such, I think this is now ready for upload.

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "rocblas":

 * Package name     : rocblas
   Version          : 5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2
 * URL              : https://github.com/rocmsoftwareplatform/rocblas
 * License          : Expat and BSD-3-Clause-Open-MPI, Expat and BSD-3-clause, Expat or NCSA, Expat
 * Vcs              : https://salsa.debian.org/rocm-team/rocblas
   Section          : devel

The source builds the following binary packages:

  librocblas0 - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - library
  librocblas-dev - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - headers
  librocblas0-tests - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - tests
  librocblas0-tests-data - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - test data
  librocblas-doc - ROCm library for basic linear algebra - documentation

To access further information about this package, please visit the following URL:

  https://mentors.debian.net/package/rocblas/

Alternatively, you can download the package with 'dget' using this command:

  dget -x https://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/r/rocblas/rocblas_5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2.dsc

Changes since the last upload:

 rocblas (5.5.1+dfsg-1~exp2) experimental; urgency=medium
 .
   * Add librocblas-doc package providing library documentation.
   * Add librocblas0-tests and librocblas0-tests-data packages
     for autopkgtests.
   * Fix maintainer name.
   * Restrict autopkgtests to amd64.
   * Restore d/p/0013-disable-rotg-nan-check.patch.

Regards,
--
  Cordell Bloor