Re: pytorch FTBFS with Python 3.11 as default version

Hi

On Fri, Jan 27, 2023 at 1:27 AM Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was checking this bug log and realised, that the "Forwarded" field
> links to an old PR[1] that was merged long before this bug was filed.
> Checking upstream I realised that the Debian package is lagging behind
> upstream releases.
>
> Could someone please give a status update what might be the plan to get
> pytorch back into testing (either be applying the PR patch to the old
> version or upgrading to latest upstream which will most probably support
> Python 3.11).

The packaging work of 1.13.1[1] has started on salsa. We still have a
failure related to fmtlib before making the package build successfully
[5/1781]. Both Mo and I have limited bandwidth here and help is always
appreciated.

[1]https://salsa.debian.org/deeplearning-team/pytorch

Regards,
Aron