Re: ROCm 5.2.0 Release

Greetings,

Thank you Cory for the notice and the status of changes!  :)

M. Zhou, on 2022-06-28:
> Thanks to Cordell for the notification. While I'm working on other packages,
> I think I can help uploading some basic packages like roct-thunk-interface.
> Currently the software stack version is 5.1.0 .
>
> Shall we bump the version or stay at 5.1.0 for a while?

To my knowledge, there is a slight mix of various versions,
which may not be the recommended approach, but it seems to work
okay.  I suppose it would be worth at least aligning the
upstream versions.  There is also the compiler support that
might need to be taken into consideration, but that something
that will crop up as there will be attempts to build the
software.

As an aside, I'm ready to upload rocm-hipamd 5.0.0, there is
just one thing that's holding me: I saw duplicate LICENSE and
LICENSE.txt files with different content, and opened an issue on
github[1].  I don't believe this is particularly grave, since
both licenses do not seem incompatible, but ftpmaster might
frown upon this, so I would tend to prefer to wait for at least
a beginning of discussion on the matter.

[1]: https://github.com/RadeonOpenCompute/ROCm-OpenCL-Runtime/issues/147

--
Étienne Mollier <emollier@emlwks999.eu>
Fingerprint:  8f91 b227 c7d6 f2b1 948c  8236 793c f67e 8f0d 11da