machine learning models and verbatim data output

Hi all,

This study about the GPT-2 and GPT-3 machine learning models outputting
data verbatim from the training data set has interesting copyright,
licensing, source and privacy implications that could be interesting to
take into account for the Debian machine learning policy:

https://bair.berkeley.edu/blog/2020/12/20/lmmem/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=25542011

PS: please CC me on any replies that you would like me to read.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise