Re: config changes: COAS vs. Linuxconf

"Rene Mayrhofer" <Rene.Mayrhofer@psindustry.at> writes:

> [1  <text/plain; iso-8859-1 (quoted-printable)>]

> configuration tool for the firewall rules soon. I will definitely
> use a configuration system like Linuxconf. Therefore I have to
> decide between a COAS and a Linuxconf module (are there any other
> system like those ?). What do you recommend ?

dpkgconfig (under developement by myself :) or Joey Hess's
configuration system. One of them will probably become the official
debian way to configure deb packages, hopefully soon. Linuxconf has
some major drawbacks, because you have to compile a parser for each
package using it, which makes it unflexible.

MfG,
	Goswin