Re: dselect install EVERYTHING

You cant install EVERYTHING. You can not have smail and sendmail and
qmail. You can't have serveral different webservers all running at once.
You cant run all of the X servers.

This is the best way I have found for explaining to newbies to install the
system:

After the base system is installed and you enter dselect for the first
time, decide if you want emacs for your editor and smail for your mail. If
not select alternative packages. If selecting an alternate mail program,
you will be thrown into the conflict resolution screen. Select you mailer
and unselect smail there.

Now install the preselected stuff. Add no more packages.

Once you have all of this installed, rerun the select portion to add any
additional packages that you want.

On Thu, 16 Jul 1998, Roger McCarty wrote:

> All I want to do is install everything.
> How do I do that?
>
> DSELECT has given me a tremendous headache.
>
> Thanks!
> Roger

>  Roger McCarty                     roger@maplesoftware.com
>  Maple Software Corp.  http://www.mindspring.com/~mccartyr
>  92 Corporate Park Suite C-702
>  Irvine, CA 92606 USA                         714/967-0625

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?