Re: Stephen Leake is a new Debian Maintainer

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 10:42:05AM +0200, Ludovic Brenta wrote:

> Thanks in a large part to Stephe, the Debian Policy for Ada[4] has received
> a major update, raising the bar even higher for the quality of Ada software
> packages, to the point where other free software projects now look to
> Debian for guidance and best practices[5].
>
> Stephe shows great attention to detail, a deep understanding of the Free
> Software philosophy and, most of all, is a joy to work with.  I have
> already encouraged him to apply for the full Debian Developer status; his
> application is in progress but will take some more time.

Congratulations Stephe, and many many thanks to you and everyone
involved in Debian-Ada for making things easy for us lazy folks who
just lurk. Hopefully your good work will begin to spread to other
Debian based distros, and your impact on the software world will grow
even more.

Alex

(PS: My first message went only to Ludovic, sorry for the spam)