Re: source format 3.0 upgrade

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 08:54:09PM +0100, Xavier Grave wrote:

> > Be warned that any changes substing outside the debian/ directory will
> > happily be stored as quilt patches by dpkg with only a warning in the
> > log to alert you.
>
> mtn status and mtn list unknown can be of some help also : we should see a
> pacth modification or a new patch ?

There will be a new patch containing all changes outside debian. It
will be created during the package build process, so you have to use
monotone after that to notice it (unless you scan the build warnings,
of course).

$ mtn list unknown debian
debian/patches/debian-changes-$(UPSTREAM_VERSION)-$(DEBIAN_VERSION))

$ mtn status
  patched debian/patches/series

The first is better, since you may have changed the patch list
yourself and not notice.