Re: Starting to play with packaging -- which release to use?

Stephen Leake wrote:

> "Alejandro R. Mosteo" <alejandro@mosteo.com>
> writes:
>
>> 1) I understand that if I want to eventually become an official
>> maintainer, I should package for the "unstable" version? That would be
>> "sid"?
>
> Just to be clear, you should use unstable in a chroot, not as your primary
> system. Using unstable as your primary system often means it won't
> even boot (as I know from hard experience :().

Thanks for the advice; in any case that's what I do, since I like to use
Ubuntu for more bleeding-edge software in my desktop but develop in a
chrooted debian stable for the robots (which also run debian stable).

Incidentally, this is my first post through the gmane newsgroup.