Re: tty13-24

Hi

Sébastien Hinderer schrieb am 21.12.2022,  6:07 +0100:
>I was not aware that it was possible to have so many virtual consoles
>but I find it great.
[…]
>Am I correct to assume that this is somehow due to systemd? Do those of
>you who have so many consoles available also use it, or not?

GRML has a similar setup (last time I used it). This is configured using
Getty. It used to be independent from Systemd, but is these days controlled
using it nevertheless. See https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Getty .
I'm using just one virtual console, as I have configured tmux such that I can
use f1-f12 to switch between empty shells, as well as alt + e or n or c for
e-mail, newsreader and chat client, respectively. JI prefer this setup, as I
can easily replicate it on a remote server over SSH.

Cheers
Sebastian