Problems with languages in speakup/espeak

Hello! I am a newuser who started to use debian. I am a blind person and use speakup and espeak for sinthesizer.
When i select my language (Romanian) from list when I install debian, the language is configured correctly and all letters, numbers, symbols are pronounced in Romanian, but when the installation process had been finished, The language is also romanian, but numbers and symbols it is reading in English and just letters it is speaking in Romanian. I went in /sys/speakup/i18n/chars file and I saw that here numbers and symbols is wrote with letters. For example, 1 is ONE, - is DASH etc. That problem is just when I am typing at keyboard or when I am reading just words or letters with left and right arrows, but when it reads just the screen for example, on the screen appear number 2 or simbol -, it read normal they in romanian. So this problem appear just at keyboard or something. My question is how to set normal my language to read all time numbers and symbols in romanian.
PS I changed in that file /sys/speakup/i18n/chars one with 1 and Dash with - or (Romanian_word_for_that_simbol) but I want know if is other method to set correct language and please can tell me why it is not reading some simbols, for example when I a pressing .(dot) on the keyboard just it does not reading this simbol. How I can set that read all simbols?
THank you very much for support and answers and I am sorry for my english I do not know it very well.