Re: Embossing 8 dot Braille

Sebastian Humenda, le mar. 10 mai 2022 10:06:58 +0000, a ecrit:
> Samuel Thibault schrieb am 08.05.2022, 18:07 +0200:
> >Sebastian Humenda, le jeu. 05 mai 2022 18:51:23 +0000, a ecrit:
> >> Now I am trying to print some "verbatim" text, ideally as 8 dot
> >> computer braille:
> >>
> >> $ lp -d EverestV5 -o "LibLouis=de-de-comp8" myfile.txt
> >
> >Looking again at the Index driver, I don't find anything there that
> >would implement sending 8-dot text to the embosser, only 8-dot graphics.
>
> Oh, so I would need to convert my computer braille to graphics before printing
> it?

That's how you'd be able to obtain 8 dots for now, yes.

Eigeldinger Simon, le mar. 10 mai 2022 12:09:01 +0000, a ecrit:
> I thought the embossers would do 8 dot as well.
> According to some braille tables in my embosser that should be possible.

I was not saying that they don't. What I was saying is that the driver
in cups-filters doesn't have anything to implement it. And I don't
immediately find anything in the Index-provided documentation to
implement it. So one cannot expect that I'd be able to implement it
easily. Possibly it'd be a matter of selecting the 8-dot american
computer table and sending bytes in transparent mode, but the details
are not documented by Index, so it'd need some experimentation, and I
don't have an embosser at hand to do it.