Re: Feedback on Debian Installer

On 1/8/2022 6:46 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
john doe, le sam. 08 janv. 2022 18:34:14 +0100, a ecrit:
On 1/8/2022 3:10 PM, Samuel Thibault wrote:
- The infinit loop is way to quick to here what is said at every iteration.

Do you hear anything at all?

Yes I do here the message properly.

In the below infinitwhile loop, I can here the value of the echo
statement and I have a fiew seconds to react ('pressing enter' in this
case):

$ while :; do  echo 'Please type enter to use this sound board'; sleep
3; done

In other words, 'speakup' will take about 2 minutes to speak the phrase.

I don't understand. How is it that it takes 2 minutes? The default
speech rate is not that slow.

My bad, I meant 'seconds' and not 'minutes' as seconds is the default
for sleep utility.

--
John Doe