Re: Christian beliebers here using Debian

On Wed, 17 Nov 2021, Sam Hartman wrote:

It looks like bible-kjv ought to be a console accessible bible
application.  If not, bible-kjv-
text includes just the text of that version of the bible.

bible-kjv worked fine on the occasions that I've needed it.

Doing an apt-cache search on the word "bible" turned up a number of things that I've not used but might be worth exploring.

Of course, the King James version of the Bible is an old translation and might not be to everyone's taste. I'm guessing however that there might be copyright issues in relation to some newer translations.

HTH,
Geoff.