Re: Sound Card selection at boot

Keith Barrett, le jeu. 04 nov. 2021 10:37:14 +0000, a ecrit:
> Since updating bullseye to bookworm, the same sound card is not being used
> at boot time.
>
> There are two sound cards in this machine and before the update, one card
> was always used when the system started so speech was reliable.

Probably it was working deterministically only by luck before :/

> Since the update to Bookworm, the card selection is random.  I can get sound
> back by plugging the speakers in to the other card.

You can specify the device to be used in
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, the AudioALSADevice parameter. You
can check the available device names in /proc/asound/cards, e.g. on my
system:

 0 [PCH            ]: HDA-Intel - HDA Intel PCH
                      HDA Intel PCH at 0x91338000 irq 139

means I can specify PCH as device name.