Re: Unable to get sound to work in the installer as well as a live environment

On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 at 15:45, Samuel Thibault <sthibault@debian.org> wrote:
Ahmed Hassan, le mar. 30 mars 2021 12:59:47 +0100, a ecrit:

>     >Does dmesg show that the kernel complains about a missing firmware?
>     >Perhaps you need to install firmware-intel-sound?
>     I am unsure how to check this.

>Send us the output of the

>dmesg

>command, and the output of

>dpkg -l firmware-intel-sound

> In addition, wouldn't this be included in the non-free iso?

>Yes but currently it is not loaded in time for speech.

>Samuel

Hi, so I was successfully able to get brltty to connect to my orbit reader 20.
I discovered this script:
https://people.debian.org/~sthibault/remaster-append.sh
This allows remastering an iso to preset configuration flags. However, this script only accepts two flags (the debian installation instructions says that three flags are required  for setting  the  Braille  language.
I am trying to set en_gb (contracted Braille).
 Any support would be appreciated
Regards