Re: software speech works with vmware player 16 but not after installation of Debian testing

Nick Gawronski, le mar. 16 mars 2021 15:47:49 -0500, a ecrit:
> If I install the ssh server task along with the rest of the system
> during the installation on the host system should I be able to ssh into the
> guest with the networking in vmware player set to nat?

That's supposed to work yes.

> If I can login as root on the virtual machine what command
> can I use to unmute the sound card?

https://wiki.debian.org/accessibility
provides amixer commands to see the levels and other information that
can be useful:

amixer -c 0 scontrols
amixer -c 1 scontrols
cat /proc/asound/cards
echo /sys/class/sound/card*/id
cat /sys/class/sound/card*/id
cat /var/run/espeakup.card
amixer -c 0 scontents
amixer -c 1 scontents

Depending on the result, that'll tell you exactly the name of the
volume control to fix.