debian firmware July 22, 2020 install

Hi Jud,

What kind of computer is this by chance.  I ask as I have tried installing debian with the standered install though I am using the non free firmware it still complans about nededing wifi drivers, but downloading the firmware driver set from the debian site and then using the advance installer works.  Any ideas?  Thanks.

Matthew

I had gone with the default software selection of 1,6,10,12 for

accessibility. Speakup says ok on booting and nothing else until I ctty
into tty1 then I get a login prompt and can log into the system. orca
does not come up talking when system is allowed to run until the disk
drive goes silent. Using orca -e is ineffective.
Will it be possible to have orca come up talking on this system and if not
I hope I'll be able to remove the debian desktop environment and mate.
Haven't tried that yet since I'm to move and haven't got time to do much
with computers for a few days.

--

.