Re: debian speakers selection bug

I don't know for certain what the problem was.  I ended up once I heard
the name of the usb speakers logging in without sound then going into
root account and deleting a couple alsa lock files then running
alsamixer and hitting f6.  Then I typed in the name for the usb speakers
and hit enter followed by escape to return to root prompt.  Then I did
poweroff and booted the system again with the quarter inch jack speakers
disconnected and the usb speakers proceeded to come up talking.