re: debian speakers selection bug

Correction this happened on buster official disk not firmware as I wrote
earlier I did a successful integrity test on the disk which is how I
discovered this.

To recapitulate:
You can install on any usb device you like but you must have the usb
speakers disconnected and a traditional speaker set plugged into the
system for the system to talk at all after first boot.
I only got as far as entering my password in mate and never got any
farther speech disappeared after that and swapping out speakers did not
help either.