Re: Raspberry pi os accessibility

On 7/26/20, Pavel Vlček <vlcekpavel93@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> where can I discuss the Raspberry pi os accessibility?
>
> I have my own setup with the Mate Desktop, but maybe the lxde can also
> be accessible, or not? And, the biggest problem is sound, I must to use
> external usb sound interface and with flat volumes disabled.

Hi, Pavel.. I just tried a "raspberry pi accessibility forum" search
and found quite a few potential reads all coming from Raspberry Pi
themselves. This one is from their blog in May (2 months ago):

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/latest-raspberry-pi-os-update-may-2020/

Am listening to the Youtube video as I type this, actually.

THAT lead came from this recent Raspberry Pi forum thread titled
"Accessibility features in Raspbian?":

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=275794

*I* learned something new thanks to you. In case I'm not the last
person on Earth to know this, "Raspbian" is now being called Raspberry
Pi OS but does still appear to be derived from Debian..

The blog post mentions updates to their own use of Orca. If useful
tips are learned via the glitches and what-not there, that information
can likely also be useful back over here at Debian.

Hope that helps at least a little. I just registered over there at
Raspberry Pi. This topic has been on my own shortlist of new things
I'd like to test drive.

Happy 30th Anniversary of the ADA (Americans with Disability Act) for
those in the US AND beyond!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey