Orca question

I have asked this question of the Orca mail list but since I am not a list member they have not responded.

I am  using Debian 10 with all updates, 64 bit using the Lynx browser with the Mate terminal.

I use the Orca read command (Keypad add) to read the full page. Is there a way to keep Orca from speaking the new line character when reading a web page?  There are a lot of the new line characters and it is very distracting.