Re: The mate-user-guide is inaccessible.

Hello John,

As Alex said, at least here (Slint distribution) there are several ways to access the help for the Mate desktop:

1. With the focus on the desktop, just press F1.
2. Press Alt + F1 to put the focus on the Application menu, arrow right twice to switch to the System menu, then Arrow down three times to focus on Help and press Enter.
3. Start  mate-terminal, or just press Alt + F2 to raise a Run... dialog, then type either yelp or gnome-help, press Enter, then press Tab to navigate to the help for the Mate desktop (Orca will give an output only when you press Tab in this case, at least here).

If the key bindings or commands differ when using Mate, please Alex tell us.

Caveat: I confirm that Orca speaks when using the Mate help, but didn't check that a braille device gets the output as well (I add that knowing that you are deaf, and not owning one).

Slint list in CC: please some of you using a braille device confirm or infirm in the Slint list (or here if registered to this one) that it's usable with the Mate help.

As an aside, providing a web site with the same information is doable using yelp-tools. I have considered doing that at least for Slint (and suggest to the Mate developers to provide such a thing for all distributions), but didn't as the integrated help became accessible.

Cheers,
Didier