Re: WIFI card with Debian Installer

Hello matthew,

Usually people like me would like one thread for one question.

My answer below:

Le 16/05/2020 à 02:19, matthew dyer a écrit :

Just rejoined this list today.  I am wanting to nstall Debian testing or stable depending on what can be done about the following.  I have an hp note book which is only a couple of years old and I have since replaced windows 10 with ubuntu and now I am looking to install Debian, but here are couple of questions.  First, the first ime I tried to do the install, I used the nonfree firmware version as I figured that would have the drivers it might need, but during the detecting of hardware I was told that I would need a driver which I can’t remember the modle name of rite now, but any how, with ubuntu and orca, is there a way to get the modle name of my wifi driver so that I can search for it.

Nice to seeing you here Matthew.

What is the result of the following command on your computer:
lspci |grep -i network

Best regards.